Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How does Honda rank when compared to other cars?

I bought a used Honda thinking that it would have lasted until I sold it. It seemed like a good idea until I learned that Hondas are notorious for having oil leaks. You have to be kidding me!! That gives me the believe that Honda is NO better than Ford was in the 1980s. Are these mechanics right, do Hondas sedans become a leaky piece of junk starting between 50k to 80k miles on the odometer?|||Ranks very high but, is terribly over-priced.|||I don't know who you have been talking to but I personally do not agree. Honda sets a very high standard and of all the ones that I have had into my shop, it is very typical for them to be over 100,000 miles and very few problems that need attention. The oil leak issue is to be expected eventually in any vehicle but Honda's seem to be the easier to fix and less frequently. They do tend to go through brakes more so than other vehicle, but the cost of their parts are very reasonable. Valves cover spark plug tube seals do leak eventually but are a simple repair.|||I have a 90 civic with 320,000 miles on it and it doesn't leak a drop of oil. I have been a mechanic most of my life as well, and anytime someone asks me what car to get, I tell them a Honda, Toyota, or Subaru, in that order. Treat your Honda right and they will REGULARLY go to 250,000 miles.|||i had a civic with 250,000 miles on the original engine and it ran so very well and got 30 mpg at least. i think that honda ranks very high in the market it took a city bus to take mine off of the road and it still drove me for 3 years after that.|||Oil leaks are easy to fix on hondas ...and every car leaks oil just the amount they leak is very miniscule ...the thing is with honda once they hit like 150k miles they're worthless now A ford mustang from the 80's still holds good value|||THE CAR RANKS WELL IF YOUR NOT PLANNING ON GETTING INTO A CAR ACCIDENT



I WOULDNT TRUST A HONDA WITH MY LIFE.



LOOK UP SOME PICTURES OF HONDA CAR CRASHES THAT WHY I BOUGHT A BIG VAN SO I CAN DRIVE RIGHT THRU YOUR HONDA =D|||the only oil leak my honda/acura integra had was the valve cover and the cam seal/plug, both took 30 minutes to replace... also my integra has 180k on it

No comments:

Post a Comment