Friday, September 23, 2011

What modern sized motorcycle tire can I install on my 1966 Honda?

I have a 1966 Honda Dream and according to the manual it takes 3.25 X 16 tires. These are an old size style and they are not relevant to modern tire equivalents. What would be the closest tire size equivalent that I can mount on my wheels? Do you have any brand and model recommendations? I have gotten vintage size/style tires from Coker but am not satisfied with the quality.|||3.25X16 is the same (or as close as is now available) as a MH90 16 or a MJ90 16 (3.25 falls between) also the same as a 80/90 or 90/90 (again 3.25 falls between)





Also Coker Tyre sells tyres in inch sizes but expensive and still built with 60s technology.|||you can either get it measured at a good motorcycle dealer or update your rims with aftermarket (You have spokes and can not fix a flat on the road, but a mag is tubeless and can be) just some ideas.|||the 16 is the rim size, so that won't have changed. 3.25 is approx 83mm in modern width.

No comments:

Post a Comment