Friday, September 23, 2011

Would the honda accord or honda civic be a better used car buy?

I've heard honda accords and civics are two great reliable used cars to buy. You can find fairly new models for cheap. I've heard the accord is better then the civic in todays models but what about a 2002 or somewhere around there. Also I only have about 5000 to spend, is an accord still in that price range.|||Alright a Accord is a few thousands more than a civic but with 5,000 the best thing to do is to look for a Honda Civic Ex not lx EX go on autotrader or go on msn and click on autos then select the year you like and can afford which you may buy a 2000-2002 Civic with 5000 cash and compare it to the accord or other cars that competes with it also if you compare it on msn sometimes they give you the wrong model trim remember ex is better because you have a faster car and a sunroof and more.





Hope it works out|||I Have a 1996 Silver Honda Accord, %26amp; Its Amazing!!!(:

Report Abuse


|||Last fall I bought a 1996 Accord LX Wagon wit stick shift and only 42,296 miles for $5,000. I was happy to find it. Stick shift is harder to find in a used car but if you get a 2000-2002 Accord with stick shift you won't have to worry about the reported transmission problems [with automatics] on some around that time. If I was you I would consider a car loan and getting an 04 or newer. The newer Accords no longer have a timing belt and that will save you money on maintenance costs replacing the belt. I borrowed money from myself by taking out a loan against my 401k at work. The interest I pay on the loan goes back into my 401k and will be better than the returns currently with other investments. You have to weigh the pros and cons though even if you have that option.|||Be careful on those Accords that made from early 2000s, they're known for having transmission problems.





If you want a better mpg, go for the Civic atleast the EX model which has Vtec Engine preferably the 99-00 EX (or better the SI) Model. I like their big body style compared to the 7th gen (01-05).|||2002??


the Accord is a better car for that year if you can find one for $5,000. I'm pretty sure they're more expensive than that


the 02 civic is under powered, and will be around $5000


but I haven't seen any 02 civic less than $5000|||I'd buy the accord and shop around dont be in any rush to buy , also have it checked over fully by a reliable mechanic before buying any used vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment