Friday, September 23, 2011

How much does it cost to replace a starter on a Honda Accord '97?

Today I was driving my Honda Accord it's a '97 with 124k miles and I parked it and when I came out to go to work it wouldn't start. At first I thought it was the battery, but the radio and lights still worked inside. I tried to give it a jump, but it wouldn't even spark. Someone told me it could be the starter. Is that what it is? What else could it be? How much will it cost to replace the starter?|||New: $251.83 (www.partstrain.com/


ShopByDepartment


/Starter/HONDA/ACCORD)


Used: About half that at any local used parts wreck yard|||The cost of the starter can be found on websites such as partsamerica.com, at my store it runs between $101.99 and $109.99 with a lifetime warranty, but for labor you would need to contact a mechanic. You might want take the starter into a parts store so they can check it before buying a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment