Friday, September 23, 2011

How much should new rotors for my 2006 honda civic cost?

I ran over a metal coil and I believe I bent or shot my rotors, as now whenever I drive the car there is a metal on metal sound. I'm taking it to the shop tomorrow, but I didn't want to get reamed on the price. Also, should I take it to a regular mechanic or honda specific? i'm thinking the honda specific might be more expensive.|||$20.00-25.00ea but remember to also get knew brake pads 15.00-20.00|||id take it to a regular mechanic ,a Honda dealer is going to be really high on this,its probably going to cost you around 350 bucks now to get it done ,through a dealer though it will be more,good luck on it.|||$ 25 to$50 for rotars each one plus $12 to $25 for brake pads. then the labor $40 to $70 per hr. you could do it your self not that hard|||rotors usually cost between 20-35 dollars ..but it doesnt sound like thats the problem...if id didnt grind before the mishap. could be that the backing plate was hit when you ran over the"coil" and bent it so that it rubs against the rotor.

No comments:

Post a Comment