Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What matenance to I need on my 03 Honda Accord LX as I get more mileage?

A lot of my friends have told me that you can get a lot of miles out of a Honda Accord without doing much major maintenance along the way, other than oil changes. What are your takes on this. Right now I have 45k miles, but I plan on holding onto the car for atleast 4-5 more years.|||I would take it in at least once a year for a all in all tune up this should keep her ticking like clock work. I have a 03 honda accord ex and it just rolled over 94,000 miles and she is still puurrrring I haven't had any problems with this car since I bought it back in 07. Best of luck to ya.. =) |||You should do complete tune up.... have your brake fluid checked if its dark get it flushed. same with transmission fluid, power steering fluid, coolant, replace air and fuel filter, have your spark plugs checked and the wires. check your brakes and tires.





Most of these things would be good but make sure you check them to make sure and by doing this you can find any potential things that might cause a major breakdown of your car and it will last you 200 k or more with good maintenance without a problem|||I had a 1987 Accord 4 dr. with 170,000 miles. The only major expense I had in the 20 years I drove it were a new set of fuel injectors ($1,000) 4 cylinder and a EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve $300.00 other than regular maintenance. Honda's will take care of you if you take care of them. Great car! bought another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment